HOW HAS COVID-19 IMPACTED THE MEMBERS OF YOUR ORGANIZATION?

We are all living a very different life since the onset of COVID-19, and it has serious implications on our physical and mental health. Do you know how the members of your organization are managing the stress of their changed lives?

  • Are they staying physically active?
  • Are they maintaining a healthy lifestyle?
  • Are they aware of their current health risks?

As your organization continues to evolve and people work from new environments, it is more important than ever to understand the health risks to you and your team members.

shutterstock_1238328868
Webp.net-gifmaker (7)

COVID-19 IMPACT

"I used the SHI demo to take my own health risk assessment in April 2020 and I was shocked to see how much I had been impacted by the pandemic. My stress mapped off the charts and I had all but let my exercise and healthy eating go. I saw my mapped assessment and immediately made changes. SHI's insight will have a huge impact on my employees and our organization!"

-Christine Wilson, Founder & CEO, MtoM Consulting

SHI provides the insights you need to influence meaningful change.

noun_survey online_1912857

MEASURE

Measure risk, confidence, and activation.

noun_Radar Chart_317003

MAP

See your health score and risk stratification across 5 domains.

noun_campaign_31789

PARTNER

Direct your resources to the right areas and engage employees in the areas that matter most.

noun_report_414020

PLAN

Make informed decisions about health management initiatives based on behavior and beliefs.

Managing Population Health in the Age of Pandemics

COVID-19 is not the first or the last pandemic the world will ever face.  Viruses evolve and get more sophisticated every year. But has our ability to manage the health of our population gotten more sophisticated?

People, their health, and their health outcomes cannot be separated from their physical environment, the culture of their community, and the policies that govern their lives. This is the social-ecological model of population health management, and when you align interventions at all levels of influence, the likelihood of sustained good health of your population increases ten-fold.

The social-ecological model recognizes that only 20% of health outcomes are related to medical care and that the other 80% is related to the ‘three B’s: the beliefs and behaviors of individuals and the barriers they encounter at a community, policy, and cultural level to act in their own best interest.

But if research supports exponentially better outcomes following this model, why don’t communities, companies, and countries embrace it?

To protect and advance the health of a population, we must address the behaviors of individuals, communities, and governing authorities and the tactics/logistics in place to elicit the desired behaviors.  When all of those boxes are checked, you have powerful alignment and you flatten the curve.

But will we carry the power of alignment forward beyond the current pandemic?

Our communities, our employers, and our governing authorities should be looking well beyond the transactions of medicine, payers, and payment policy to ensure the health of their people and flatten their healthcare cost curve.

Initially, it may seem the harder path to take, but if we can flatten the curve of COVID-19 following the social-ecological model, we most certainly can flatten the cost curve of healthcare.